Jun 22, 2009

It's over..... finally!!!

Yes, it's all over. Too much of twenty20 cricket in the last coupla months. And as I had expected, India came back embarrassed not even reaching the semis(not that I didn't support them... but that's how India plays when there is too much expectation).
So, what now? I was used to watching all those late night matches even if it was a South Africa v/s Scotland(don't remember if it was a day-night match). Watching matches till late at night and then waking up late in the morning(at times afternoon :D) and also during the IPL - watching matches all throughout the day. But now, all I have to do at night is just lie down on my bed trying hard to fall asleep(I am so used to sleeping late and my comp has to be shut down by 12), or worse study for CAT!!
Looking back at the World Cup, I feel sad about the early ouster of India, which was one of the favourites to clinch the cup. All you get to hear in the news are the infinite reasons why India failed.... the innumerous injuries.... fatigue... poor strategies of Dhoni... no unity in the team after the Sehwag-Dhoni scandal.... and on and on and on. But then, I had sensed the pressure when in the match against Ireland, it took them almost 16 overs to reach a paltry target of 113 of 18 overs! Enuf!!! See, I told you.... Too much of cricket... I can't stop talking about it! Hopefully my next one will be have something fresh sans cricket.

Oh, and before I end it, an interesting news...

California girl gets dying wish to see movie "Up"
Pixar sent a DVD of their latest animated movie "Up" to a cancer-stricken California girl who was too sick to even go to the theatre to watch the movie. The girl died later that night. Read the complete story here.

Adios

4 comments:

  1. A good start to blog and a touching ending, quiet interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its inspires to blog more when you get more comments on your first post..doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete